Originally a tower house owned by the Kilkelly family, Cloghballymore House, was extended a number of times by the various families who held the estate over three centuries.. The National Inventory of Architectural Heritage indicates that the main house at the site was constructed by Marcus Lynch in the eighteenth century. In 1906 it was owned by Llewellyn Blake and was valued at £18. It was later given by him to a missionary order and maintained for some time as a seminary. The building is still extant and now used as St. Columba's nursing home.