Built in 1801 as the new home of the Kirwan family formerly of Claremount, Claremorris. It was bought by the Duke of Bedford in 1853 for Lady de Clifford, the wife of his first cousin. In the 1860s Henry Edward Joly and Charles Joly are recorded at Dalgan Park (''Connaught Telegraph'' 27 March 1867). In 1894 Slater noted it as the seat of Allan J. Algie. The house became a seminary for the missionary Society of St Columban in 1918. The Irish Tourist Association file describes the fine mansion as in ruins. It contained about 50 rooms and had been stripped of its roof and fittings about a year previously, circa 1944. It is now demolished.