An old Bourke castle, granted to a Cromwellian soldier named Crofton. It passed into Knox ownership through marriage and was the seat of this influential branch of the Knox family throughout the 18th and 19th centuries. In 1786 Wilson refers to it as "the pleasant seat of Mr. Knox". At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was held in fee by Annesley Knox and valued at £30. Slater notes it as the seat of Captain Annesley Knox in 1894. Occupied by the Knox family until the early 20th century, the house is now a ruin.