The principal residence of the Sandford estate was at Castlereagh House, barony of Castlereagh. It was valued at £80 at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In 1786 Wilson described it as "a most elegant and capital seat". In 1894 it was the residence of G.R. Wills-Sandford, Castlereagh House has been demolished. Gate lodges, one of which functions as Gaynor's Funeral Home, survive while part of the demesne lands is a public park for Castlerea town.