Caleb Robertson is recorded as occupying the house known at the time of the first Ordnance Survey. He is noted as the immediate lessor at the time of Griffith's Valuation though the house was unocciped and valued at £28. Tangier House was occupied by Harward O'Farrell, a doctor, in the second half of the 19th century. His third son, Sir George Plunkett O'Farrell, was granted arms in 1909. A house is still extant at the site.