- The estate of Timothy O'Donovan, of O'Donovan's Cove, parishes of Durrus and Kilcrohane, amounted to almost 2000 acres in county Cork in the 1870s. The estate of the late Richard O'Donovan, MD, amounted to over 1600 acres in county Cork at the same time. Both were among the principal lessors in the parish of Kilcrohane, West Carbery, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Richard and Daniel O'Donovan held townlands in the parish of Inchigeelagh in 1851. In June 1869, over 1400 acres at Coolmountain, owned by Richard Donovan and others, was offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court. The sale notice indicates that the lands were held on lease from members of the Tonson, Lords Riversdale, estate since 1832. Kathleen O'Donovan, executrix of Richard O'Donovan, offered over 1000 acres of this estate for sale in the Landed Estates Court in July 1876. The original lease, dated 1752, was between the Bishop of Clonfert, Kilmacduagh and Kilfenora and William Roberts. Timothy O'Donovan had taken up the lease in 1844. The lots were sold to Messers. O'Donovan and Dalton for over £6,000.
Atkins (Carrigaline & Queenstown)
- Robert Atkins of Waterpark, Carrigaline, county Cork, Sheriff of Cork in 1722 was a relative of Robert Atkins of Firville. He had two daughters. The eldest, Margaret, married Colonel Warham St Leger. Their son, Robert, eventually succeeded to Waterpark and took the name Atkins. Berkeley estimates that the Atkins inherited about 1,000 acres of the Lavallin estate. Robert's great grandson, Robert St. Leger Atkins, was the owner of over 1600 acres in county Cork in the 1870s. He was among the principal lessors in the parishes of Carrigaline and Whitechurch at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Walter Atkins also held land in the parishes of Clonpriest and Carrigaline.
- Henry L. Puxley of Dunboy Castle was the owner of over 9000 acres in county Cork in the 1870s. John L. Puxley was among the principal lessors in the parishes of Templebreedy, barony of Kerrycurrihy and Kilcatherine, Killaconenagh and Kilnamanagh, barony of Bear, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Frances Puxley held some land in the parish of Whitechurch, barony of Cork. The lands in Kerrycurrihy would originally have been Coppinger estates and had come by inheritence to the Puxleys, though a marriage in the eighteenth century between Sara Lavallin of Carrigaline and Henry Puxley of Dunboy. The lands at Dunboy would originally have belonged to the O'Sullivan Beara family and were granted to the Puxleys in the seventeenth century. They had extensive mining interests in the area. The writer Daphne du Maurier based her novel ''Hungry Hill'' on the story of the Puxley family.
- The Lavallin family held an estate in the Queenstown vicinity of county Cork in the late 17th century. Berkeley writes that in the late 1720s James Lavallin alienated his estates to Lord Barrymore. A long running family dispute over ownership of some of the Lavallin estates took place in the 18th century. His son Philip of Waterpark, Carrigaline married Sarah Kingston and left three daughters who married Robert St Leger Atkins, Henry Puxley of Dunboy and Dr Joseph Rogers of Seaview. In 1819 Mary daughter of Dr Rogers married Timothy O'Donovan of O'Donovan's Cove.