Morris (East Carbery)
- In 1666 William Morris was granted almost a thousand acres in the barony of East and West Carbery and Captain William Morris was granted a additional lands in the barony of Carbery in August 1669. William Morris held townlands in the parish of Ross, barony of East Carbery, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Over 1100 acres of his property was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court in June 1853. John Morris was among the lessors in the parish of Kilmacabea in 1851.
Michael H[ungerford] Morris of Durrus owned 1,157 acres in county Cork in the 1870s.
- A Welsh family descended from Captain William Morris who was granted lands in East and West Carbery, county Cork under the Acts of Settlement. Abraham Morris of Cork, merchant, bought lands in the baronies of Barrymore, Duhallow and Muskerry from the trustees of forfeited estates, 1703. Originally settled at Castle Salem, by the late 18th century Abraham Morris was established at Dunkettle near Cork city. In the 1790s he was elected Member of Parliament for county Cork in a controversial election. In 1851 his grandson Jonas Morris married Ellen only daughter of Silver Charles Oliver of Inchera. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the Morris estate was located in the parishes of Shandrum, barony of Orrery and Kilmore, Clondrohid and Drishane, barony of West Muskerry and Ballydeloher and Caherlag, barony of Barrymore. In the 1870s Richard Morris of Dunkettle owned 6,494 acres in county Cork.