- Local sources suggest that the Evanson family in West Cork descend from Lieutenant Nathaniel Evanson who was granted an estate of 2,373 acres in the barony of West Carbery, county Cork in 1666. Rev. A. Evanson and Richard T. Evanson were among the principal lessors in the parish of Durrus, barony of West Carbery, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Rev. William Evanson was also a lessor in the parish of Kilcrohane and Rev. Allan Evanson in the parish of Kilmocomoge, barony of Bantry, at the same time. Lands owned by members of the Evanson family and others, in the parishes of Carrigaline and Durrus, were offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court in November 1862. The sale included Charlemont House. This property was held under a lease from the Allen family dating from 1800.
In the 1870s, Revs, Charles, Robert and Richard Evanson of Llansory rectory, Monmouthshire, Wales, owned over 2000 acres in county Cork. In 1858 Michael Hungerford Morris married Elizabeth Burrows Evanson, daughter of Richard Tonson Evanson and in the 1870s Michael H. Morris of Durrus owned 1,157 acres in county Cork. http://boards.ancestry.co.uk/surnames.beamish/111/mb.ashx