- At the time of Griffith's Valuation Alexander Wadham Wyndham held nine townlands in the parish of Burrishoole and six townlands in the parish of Islandeady, barony of Burrishoole, county Mayo, some of which he purchased from Reverend John Hervey Ashworth. Other parts of these lands had been leased by the O'Donels to the Marquess of Sligo and Wyndham purchased the Marquess of Sligo's interest in 1853. Patrick B. Ryan from county Tipperary leased land from Captain Wyndham in the 1850s. Some of the Wyndham estate in the parish of Burrishoole was soon after in the hands of the Stoney family and six townlands were in the possession of H.M. Anketell Jones in the early 20th century.
- In the mid 1870s Charles Preston Kennedy of Inisherkin, Newport, county Mayo and Victor C. Kennedy of Corraunboy, parish of Burrishoole, owned 1450 and 6198 acres respectively. They may have purchased some of the Wyndham estate. Victor C. Kennedy had a very small amount of untenanted land in the locality in 1906. Mrs J. S. Kennedy sold 966 acres to the Congested Districts' Board on 18 Nov 1915.