Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
This property was in the possession of the Blake family from the late 16th century and was known as Corbally. In 1786 Wilson refers to the house as the seat of Mr. Blake. When Peter Daly acquired it in 1829 he had the castle remodelled and a facade added. The property then became known as Castledaly. Lewis records it as the seat of J. Daly in 1837. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was the property of James Daly and the buildings were valued at £34. It was also the seat of James Daly in 1894. It is now a ruin. The mausoleum of the Daly family can be seen in the grounds of St. Theresa's church nearby, which they helped to build and where memorial tablets recording members of the family can be seen.
M523088 Discovery map #52. OS Sheet #114.
At the time of Griffith's Valuation this property was occupied by James Daly and was valued at £15. When offered for sale in February 1863 the house was occupied by Eleanor M. Lynch. In 1906 it was in the possession of John J. Smyth of Masonbrook and was valued at £20. Cooleeney is still extant and occupied.
M686185 Discovery map #52. OS Sheet #106.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links