Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Wilson refers to Garracloon as the seat of Mr. Blake in 1786. In 1814 the house was occupied by the Reverend Cecil Crampton, rector of the parish of Cong. At the time of the first Ordnance Survey in 1838 Garracloon house was recorded as a ruin. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, it was held in fee by Joseph Blake and valued at £8. The house was later rebuilt, Ruane refers to the ruined Victorian Garracloon House. Sir William Wilde refers to Colonel Veitch at Garracloon. No longer extant but yard buildings remain.
M186 562 Discovery map #38. OS Sheet #121.
Another home of the Blakes of Garracloon. It was lived in by Mark Blake a younger brother of Manus Blake of Garracloon, until his death in 1817. At the time of the Ordnance Survey 1838 it was described as a 'beautiful little place' the residence of Mr Blake. Held by Isaac Mayne, from Henrietta Blake at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The building still retains its thatched roof and is occupied.
|Dowagh East||Cong||Ballinrobe||Houndswood 33||Kilmaine||Mayo||
M192 556 Discovery map #38. OS Sheet #121.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links