Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Loughscur was originally a seat of the Reynolds family but later passed into the ownership of the Peyton family through marriage. In 1894 Slater refers to it as the seat of James Reynolds Peyton. However, this may refer instead to the Peyton property at Laheen.
H030080 Discovery map #33. OS Sheet #24.
Letterfine was occupied by the representatives of Mary Anne McNamara in the mid 1850s. In 1814 it was the address of Tobias Peyton. Taylor and Skinner and Wilson both record it as a seat of the Reynolds family in the 1780s. It is labelled Letterfine House on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey Map but is not visible on the later 25-inch edition. In 1943 the Irish Tourist Association survey recorded no trace of the house.
H018076 Discovery map #33. OS Sheet #28.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links