Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
An early 18th century house, the seat of the Lynch family in the 18th and 19th centuries. Wilson refers to it as the seat of Mr. Lynch on the shore of Lough Mask in 1786. In 1986 the house and immediate surrounds were vested in the county Galway Vocational Education Committee. The house and yard buildings have been completely renovated and now function as an Outdoor Education Centre.
M083 572 Discovery map #38. OS Sheet #27.
A lodge situated close to the shore of Lough Mask and to the Lynch's house at Petersburg. Ocuppied by J. Blake in 1837 and by the Reverend E.G.O'Grady at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The remains of the lodge are still visible.
M078 569 Discovery map #38. OS Sheet #27.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links