Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
In 1837 Lewis refers to C. Clarke "who has recently erected a spacious and elegant mansion on his estate". In 1850 this mansion was valued at £44.12 shillings and it was held in fee by Charles Clarke. Slater noted it as the seat of James Neville Clarke in 1894 and the Clarkes were still resident at Granguenoe Park in the early 20th century. The house was burnt in 1923. The site is now occupied by a stud farm.
S084 531 Discovery map #66. OS Sheet #47.
Bansha House is marked on the first edition Ordnance Survey Map circa 1840. It was the home of Robert Clarke, fourth son of the Reverend Marshal Clarke, in 1837. John Vincent occupied a house valued at £20 in this townland at the time of Griffith's Valuation. He held it from Richard Butler. The National Inventory of Architectural Heritage dates this house from about 1880. It now functions as a guest house. http://www.tipp.ie/banshahs.htm
R959 337 Discovery map #66. OS Sheet #67.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links