Quinn writes that a Cromwellian soldier named Watts was granted the estate known as Mount Falcon, in the parish of Ballynahaglish, barony of Tirawley, county Mayo and that his descendants were eventually bought out by the Knoxes. This was Captain Edward Watts who was granted over 2,000 acres in the barony of Tirawley in 1668. The Ordnance Survey Name Books record that a Mrs Ann Watts, (widow of Andrew), leased part of the townland of Glencalry Lower, parish of Doonfeeny and that John Fawcett was her agent. John Fawcett/Fausett was also her brother. Lewis records Mrs Watts of Glynne Castle, parish of Dunfeeny. Her two daughters, Maria and Frances, married Samuel and Henry Bournes of Rossport.