Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Thomas Hayes was leasing this property to Richard Hayes at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £8, on a holding of 230 acres. On the 25-inch Ordnance Survey map of the 1890s it is labelled Commeen Kennels. Farm buildings still exist at the site.
W739608 Discovery map #87. OS Sheet #99.
Thomas Hayes held this property in fee at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £44. Lewis refers to it as the seat of T. Hayes in 1837. Local sources suggest it was built in the eighteenth century replacing an earlier house. It remainded in the ownership of the Hayes family until the early 1970s. The house is still extant and occupied and sometimes open to the public.
W797608 Discovery map #87. OS Sheet #99.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links