Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Nile Lodge is associated with the O'Hara family though at the time of Griffith's Valuation, it was leased by Edward C. Burke from Mark Lynch and valued at £35. It is still extant and occupied. In 1852, it was included in the Encumbered Estates Court sale of property belonging to John Whaley. At the time it was occupied by Captain William Hutchinson, who held it on a lease dating from 1825.
|Kilcorkey||Rahoon||Galway||Galway South Urban 47||Galway||Galway||
M288 247 Discovery map #45. OS Sheet #94.
In 1786, Wilson mentions Newford as the seat of Edward Browne. In 1814 Thomas Tighe is recorded as residing at Newford. Patrick Fitzpatrick of Newford House, Athenry is listed as a subscriber to ''Lewis' Topographical Dictionary'' (1837). The house was later part of the Whaley and Perry estates in the 1850s and was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates court in 1852. Portion of Newford later bacame incorporated into Mellows Agricultural College farm. The house is no longer extant.
M494268 Discovery map #46. OS Sheet #84.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links