Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Richard J. Mansergh St George built Headford Castle in the early 19th century. In 1836 Robert Graham referred to an Elizabethan house 'just built', the architect was George Papworth. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was held in fee by Richard M. St. George and valued at almost £46. Slater noted it as the seat of Thomas McDonagh in 1894. It burnt down in 1906.
M270 468 Discovery map #45. OS Sheet #42.
In 1786 Wilson refers to Lodge as the seat of Mr. Shaw. A well laid out demesne, on which there is a small building, is depicted on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map. The townland was in the possession of the St. George estate at the time of Griffith's Valuation but the only house was valued at 15s.
M282476 Discovery map #46. OS Sheet #42.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links